Keen Newport H2 Sandals
When it comes to shoes for travel in warm climates, a hybrid shoe can be the ideal option. It’ll give you the airiness of a sandal and the toe protection of a shoe. You can walk comfortably for miles yet not have to worry about sweating or smelly socks. And if the shoe was versatile enough to wear into the water, then you just about have the perfect travel footwear!
Manufacturers of top quality footwear Keen developed the Newport Sandal as their original hybrid shoe. This has a stylish leather upper that has proved very popular but from this sandal they then developed the Newport H2 Sandal. Made from a washable polyester webbing upper, this is where comfort meets major versatility in a classic water shoe. Please note that this review is for the men’s sandal but the Keen Women's Newport H2 Sandal has all the same great features that people enjoy so much:
- Versatility: This is what sets the Newport H2 Sandal apart from the original Newport sandal and indeed many other brands. It’s the most practical sandal in the Keen range because the rugged design means you to use them for hiking, climbing, kayaking, sailing or doing pretty much anything that involves getting wet or muddy.
- Comfort: The one thing that owners of these sandals comment on consistently is how comfortable they are to wear. The first reason for this is the metatomical foot bed design gives plenty of arch support. This other is the hugging nature of the laces which hold the shoes closely to your feet. This means they won’t slip or slide around and it is actually possible to run in them safely.
- Quality: There are undoubtedly cheaper hybrid shoes on the market but like many things, you get what you pay for. Apart from a tiny percentage, owners seem satisfied that these sandals will outlast other models, as they are far more durable. They also have the patented Keen toe protection which will protect from stubs, trips and small rocks falling on them.
- Sole: One of the best features of the Newport H2 Sandal, the soles are made from a non-marking rubber with have razor siping and a multi directional lug pattern. This means maximum traction and grip on a variety of different terrains. Despite this quality sole, the overall weight is still only 400 grams (14.2 ounces).
- Easy Care: No matter how muddy or dirty these robust sandals get, the polyester webbing is easily washed and cared for. In fact they can be washed in a machine if you choose. They’ll be quick to dry and ready to go again the next day. This is the main advantage of the H2 Sandal over the original leather Newport Sandal.
From river or beaches to mountains and city streets, this is rugged sandal is perfect for outdoor sports and leisure. It uses the odour-reducing Aegis Microbe Shield so you can wear them comfortably for hours. The unique lug pattern on the sole will give you confidence not to slip or trip, even when you’re in the water.
An important note about sizing:
The Newport H2 Sandal tends to run half a size small so when you are ordering, it’s recommended that you go for a 1/2 size larger than your usual size.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
The Keen Newport H2 Sandal is manufactured in a wide variety of colours so you’re sure to find something to suit your preference. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of genuine quality, convenience and the best price.
orders over $49.