Sometimes when you are travelling you want to isolate yourself from the sounds of the outside world. The constant droning of an airplane, sounds of traffic in the street or loud voices in the room next door can get to you after a while. What you want then is a pair of active noise-cancelling headphones.
What is active noise-cancelling?
While active noise-cancelling (ANC) headphones can have a price premium compared to regular headphones but there are good reasons why. Active noise-cancelling headphones don’t simply block out external noise; they use microphones that detect it and special circuitry generates a counter-signal against it. So aside from audio tranquility, you don't need volume up so high which helps preserve your hearing.
When you are considering headphones like these you have two basic choices: in-ear or the larger over-ear models. The latter have most to be immensely popular because they form a seal over the ears and are more comfortable to wear. From the many active noise-cancelling headphone options, the hugely popular Bose QC 35 Wireless Headphones has become an Amazon best seller the following reasons:
- Noise Cancelling: Bose have put years of research into the QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones. They've been engineered with world-class noise cancellation that makes sound quieter. This can even feel a little eerie if you’re not used to it but you’ll appreciate it when the music sounds better.
- Wireless: Experience world class performance and superior comfort without any wires in your way. The QuietComfort 35 has NFC technology that enables Bluetooth communication to be established simply by tapping the touchpoints of the headphones and other device together.
- Design: All the controls sit on the right ear-cup. A switch turns the headphones on and sets up Bluetooth connections while buttons on the side adjust volume and control your phone. Everything is easily accessible with your right hand.
- Phone App: There is also a free app available that makes connecting and switching between devices easier than ever. This simple and intuitive innovation also provides product tips and lets you personalise your settings.
- Sound Quality: Bose uses a digital equaliser that automatically tweaks the sound so that one aspect doesn’t dominate. Even at low volumes, the result is a smooth, accurate and undistorted sound regardless of what type of music you are listening to.
- Voice Quality: The QC35 aren't only headphones; they function as a headset too. This wonderful feature means being able to make a phone call (or use Siri on your iPhone) with the benefit of noise cancelling. Calls are as clear as a bell for both people thanks to the amazing technology.
- Comfort: The QC stands for Quiet Comfort and there’s a good reason why Bose have put ‘comfort’ into the name of these headphones. They are made from metal and thick plastic which is covered in a beautiful faux-leather that stays reasonably cool, even in humid weather. They weigh just 234 grams so can be worn for hours at a time.
- Battery Life: A single charge offers 20 hours of use and the Bose Connect app has an auto power-down setting that enables the headphones to be turned off after a chosen time period. It takes about two hours to recharge the built in lithium-ion battery via a Micro USB port.
Traditionally, noise cancelling headphones have been great at what they were intended to do – block out external noise. They have however, tended to compromise on sound quality but customer feedback confirms that the Bose QC35 has bucked the trend. It’s a significant improvement on the QC25 in this respect and provides a much clearer sound. Add to that the long battery life without the need for AAA cells and you have what are arguably the best ANC headphones available today.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
The Bose QuietComfort 35 ANC headphones are manufactured in black and silver. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of both convenience and the best prices.