If you travel like me you’ll be either in warm, tropical climates or be following the sun in other parts of the world. Because of this, one of the first items that always goes into the backpack is a tube of sunscreen. Getting sunburnt is painful and the dangers of skin cancer are well documented. Nowadays, wherever you are, it’s simply not worth the risk to be unprotected from the sun.
It may come as a shock to some the dangers of many existing and well known sunscreens. The majority of them are full of questionable ingredients and known carcinogens. They’ve been brought to the market with little concern for safety and boast inflated SPF numbers. Tests have shown that the ingredients in sunscreen not only interact with skin, but just 26 seconds after application, the same chemicals can be detected in the bloodstream.
Most people wear sunscreen to reduce the chance of developing cancer which begs the question: Why apply something that could potentially increase this risk?
A Safe Alternative
Fortunately, there is a company with a mission to provide safe products by identifying consumer product categories with known human health issues. The team at Thinkbaby work with leading scientists worldwide to create safe alternatives free from harmful chemicals. This review is for the original Thinkbaby sunscreen but they also have the Thinksport SPF 50 Sunscreen in their range.
What’s in a Name?
The first question many people ask is the difference between Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens. The short answer is nothing - only the name! Thinkbaby found that older children didn't want to use a product with "baby" in the name so they developed the Thinksport brand for them. Sunscreens of any description shouldn’t be used on babies anyway; they are designed for children over 6 months of age.
Both the original Thinkbaby and more recent Thinksport sunscreens are very popular and highly rated on Amazon. People are increasingly starting to realise the dangers of what were previously trusted brands. While there are a few different and much safer options, Thinkbaby was the first sunscreen to pass the Whole Foods Premium Care requirements. Aside from this, users love the product for a number of other good reasons:
- All Natural: Thinkbaby is a mineral-based sunscreen, free of biologically harmful chemicals. That means there is no avobenzone, oxybenzone or UV chemical absorbers. Instead, the key ingredients are zinc oxide which provides the sunscreen; aloe barbadensis leaf juice and hyaluronic acid which soothe and moisturise the skin.
- Sun Protection: Both Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens are rated as SPF 50. This is the highest rating possible under the 2012 FDA rules. Any sunscreens boasting higher ratings than this are being marketed falsely. Importantly, the protection of these products is broad spectrum which means that you’ll be protected from both UVA and UVB sun rays.
- Application: The Thinkbaby sunscreen is a thick white cream but it rubs in well. It has a pleasant papaya scent and absorbs without leaving skin sticky. While many zinc-oxide-based sunscreens cling to your skin and leave a white film, Thinkbaby quickly fades to a clear, protective sheen that smells nothing like sunscreen.
- Water Resistance: This is always an important factor in a sunscreen because you want to remain protected while swimming or even just when you sweat. As per the 2012 FDA rules, once again Thinkbaby has achieved the highest level of water resistance at 80 minutes. After this time period, reapplication of the cream is recommended with this or any sunscreen.
- Award Winning: It’s always a reassurance when the product you select has been recognised for its quality above others in a particular category. Aside from being top-rated by the Environmental Working Group, Thinkbaby sunscreen is has won a host of awards from different organisations. You can click here to see this recognition.
The dangers of commercial sunscreens are now too great to ignore. Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens offer naturally safe alternatives that are free from toxic chemicals and haven’t been tested on animals. When it comes to natural sunscreens, they are very popular because of their easy application, non-greasy feel and no white residue left on the skin. This is the way to protect not only your skin, but your health and wellbeing.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens come in a 90ml (3 ounce) tube. The Thinksport is also available in a larger 180ml (6 ounce) tube. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of genuine quality, convenience and the best price.
orders over $49.