For some travellers, motion sickness is a debilitating condition. Whether they are travelling by land, sea or air, the nausea experienced can ruin the journey. While there is a wide variety of different tablets available to prevent or ease the symptoms, many of them are known to cause drowsiness or other side effects. Fortunately there is a natural alternative that is simple to use, fast acting and reusable: wrist bands.
How do They Work?
Scientific studies have proved that one of the most effective natural treatments for nausea is based upon the ancient Chinese principle of acupressure - effectively acupuncture without needles! Applying pressure to an exact point on the body can be a remedy for all kinds of ailments and there is a pressure point which helps to control nausea. This spot is located just above your wrist and known as the Nei Kuan point.
Finding the Nei Kuan point isn’t difficult. Simply place your middle three fingers at your wrist like you’re taking your pulse, with your ring finger at the crease of your wrist. The Nei-Kuan point is just under your index finger between your two tendons. When the wrist bands are worn correctly the button in them will comfortably apply pressure on this spot and control any feelings of nausea. Note that you do need to wear both bands for them to be effective.
There are a number of different wrist bands available but the leading brand is Sea Band. Not only are they Amazon’s most popular choice but they are also sold through other retailers in more than 50 countries around the world. They are highly rated and recommended for several good reasons:
- Proven Effectiveness: For travellers, best results are achieved if the wrist bands are in place before a journey commences but they can be put on any time. If nausea is already being experienced, they only take between two and ﬁve minutes to become effective. Numerous people worldwide have described how their nausea significantly eases or disappears using the bands.
- Known and Trusted: Sea Bands are clinically tested so they are trusted by doctors and hospitals. Many of the studies relate to their use for post-operative nausea or as an antiemetic in cancer chemotherapy. The wrist bands are fast acting and can be quickly given to anyone, regardless of any known allergies or reactions to medication.
- Versatility: There is no doubt that Sea Bands are ideal for preventing motion sickness but it doesn’t stop there. They’ve also been proven to be very effective for pregnant women experiencing morning sickness. Despite improvements in anaesthetic techniques, many post-operative patients still suffer nausea and vomiting so this becomes the ideal drug-free remedy.
- Reusable: Once you have a pair of Sea Bands, they are yours to wear over and over again without reducing their effectiveness in any way. The band is made from soft, knitted elastic which is both comfortable and easily washable. They come packaged in a small plastic case, making them easy to keep with you at all times.
- Family Safe: The Sea Band for children is hugely popular on Amazon. They are a smaller size but work in exactly the same way and equally effective. They can be used with complete confidence knowing that the subtle use of acupressure will have no side effects at all. Having this alternative size ensures the bands won’t be too tight or too loose on anyone.
Using acupressure is the ideal way to controlling motion sickness or other forms of nausea. It’s a simple remedy that doesn’t involve taking drugs that may have side effects and be generally detrimental to your health. Clinical testing and thousands of customer reviews have proved their effectiveness and of course you can use them time and again. So if you don’t have your sea legs then slip on a pair of Sea Bands and enjoy the journey!
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
Sea-Band Adult Wristbands come as a pair and colours may vary. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of genuine quality, convenience and the best price.