Apart from a large backpack or suitcase, as a traveller you’ll also require a smaller daypack. This will hold your carry-on luggage when you fly and be invaluable through each day of your trip. Whether you are sightseeing, hiking or travelling somewhere on a bus you’ll need something durable and lightweight to carry your guidebook, water, camera and other valuables.
For over two decades now, Outlander has been manufacturing well designed and affordable products that are renowned for making travel easier. Their packable daypack is one of the best-selling travel products for a number of good reasons:
- Design: Despite packing away compactly, it offers a generous 33 litres of space in various compartments. It is designed in a classic shape with several pockets for storage and organisation. Apart from the spacious main section, it also has two front zipper pockets to hold small accessories. It additionally features an internal zippered security zippered pocket for valuable items and two side pockets for water bottle or umbrella.
- Durability: The backpack is made from highly rip and water resistant nylon fabric which provides strength and long-lasting performance with minimal weight. Identified stress points have been reinforced with bar tacking. The zippers are durable metal instead of the cheaper plastic found on many other packs.
- Compact: When the bag isn’t in use, it simply folds away into a compact pouch. This pouch measures just 16 x 15 x 5cm (6.3 x 5.9 x 2 inches) and can stow easily into a larger backpack or suitcase if required. The pack only weighs 230 grams (0.5 pound).
- Comfort: Despite being lightweight and designed to pack away into a pouch, comfort hasn’t been compromised. When ready for use, it measures 43 x 27 x 18cm (17 x 10.6 x 7 inches) which is an ideal size for most adults. The shoulder straps are made from a breathable mesh for maximised comfort.
- Warranty: One of the things that set Outlander products apart from others is the exemplary level of customer service. The daypack comes with a lifetime warranty so the company will take full responsibility for its quality. Whether it needs to be returned or exchanged, they will do whatever is necessary to resolve the issue.
This backpack has received a lot of very positive feedback from many happy customers. There have been a few comments about the stitching on the top strap weakening or fraying after constant use but if the pack is carried as intended using the shoulder straps this won’t be a problem. Overall, the Outlander daypack represents outstanding versatility, quality and value for money.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
The Outlander Travel Daypack is also manufactured in the smaller 20 litre size (slightly cheaper at $16.82) which is ideal for small adults or children. Both come in a variety of eight different colours apart from black. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of both convenience and the best prices.