Travel, camera and photography all go hand in hand. When you travel to new places you want to capture and preserve those memories with quality photography. Although the modern smart phone can take good photos, it doesn’t replace what a good camera can do. The question now is what type of camera is best for travel?
Type of Camera
Cameras broadly fall into a choice between single-lens reflex (SLR) and the ‘point and shoot’ models. An increasingly popular choice for many travellers is what is known as ‘bridge’ cameras that fill the niche between the two. They offer more features while remaining relatively easy to operate. The best-selling bridge-style camera on Amazon is the Nikon Coolpix L340 and there are good reasons why:
- Photo Quality: One of the most important parts of a camera is the lens and Coolpix have the renowned Nikkor glass telephoto lenses. With the 20.2 megapixel CCD image sensor, it provides crystal clear close ups and sharper, more vibrant photos.
- Optical Zoom: The power of 28x optical zoom is one of the L340 finest features. It also has Vibration Reduction (VR) to keep photos sharp when using the extended lens. And if you need even more reach, the Dynamic Fine Zoom function provides enhanced digital zoom that effectively doubles the total zoom.
- Intelligence: The camera has 16 different scene modes such as Beach, Snow, Night, Portrait and Sunset. Simply match your situation to the mode or choose the Easy Auto Mode and let the camera choose for you. This effortlessly enables you to focus on composing your shots or monitoring your video recording.
- Handling: The Coolpix L340 has an ergonomic design that fits comfortably in your hands. The key controls like zoom and Movie Record are easily accessible which means not having to divert your attention from the 3 inch LCD display. This provides for more stable zooming, framing, shooting and video recording.
- Sight and Sound: When a single photo isn’t enough, the movie button will begin recording HP 720p video in widescreen format while the built-in microphone captures the sounds in high fidelity. Videos can easily be shared by connecting the optional audio video cable to a compatible television.
- Battery Life: As a compromise for such a low price, the Coolpix L340 doesn’t include a rechargeable battery pack. Using 4 AA alkaline batteries though, it offers a healthy 370-shot run time. By slotting in premium lithium cells, this can be increased to an incredible 960 shots. An even better option is to purchase Nikon rechargeable batteries and a charger separately.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
The Coolpix L340 camera is manufactured in black and represents outstanding value for money. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of both convenience and the best prices.