No matter where I’m going, one of the first things on my travel packing list is a scarf. Aside from being a nice fashion accessory, it is a very versatile item, with a number of uses when you’re travelling:
Reasons for a Scarf
- Protection from the sun, sand, wind and dust in hot, dry climates
- When rolled up it becomes a neck support on long flights
- Doubles as a towel, swim suit coverall or pillow case
- Ideal to visit places of worship where modest dress is required
- Helps keep you warm when it’s chilly or the air conditioning is too cold
- It’s an emergency bandage or tourniquet in a first aid situation
- They are stylish and a fine addition to any travel clothing
The ideal scarf for travel is one that you can wear comfortably in all weather conditions. After researching all the options I discovered the Explore Land Shemagh scarf. (A shemagh is a piece of cloth, usually made of cotton or flax and decorated with many colors.) It is hugely popular and very highly rated on Amazon for a number of good reasons:
- Comfort: Being 100% cotton, this Shemagh scarf is lightweight at just 180 grams, soft and comfortable against the skin. The fabric is slightly heavier than similar scarves meaning it’s great at soaking up sweat but at the same time, it still remains very breathable so you don't overheat.
- Quality: The cotton threads of the scarf are woven flawlessly and tightly making it a bit heavier and better quality than most others. The material has an attractive sheen to it. The tassels are among the cleanest you’ll see on a Shemagh. They are very uniform and don't have loose strings hanging everywhere like many others do.
- Versatile: One of the top reasons why this scarf is so popular is its colour range and versatility. It can be used for a wide range of outdoor activities or even on the town in full business attire. It’s great in both warm and cold climates and is highly recommended for backpackers, hikers and campers who like to carry light, packable, functional and multi-use gear.
- Easy Care: Explore Land Shemagh scarves are high quality woven material that aren’t printed. They can be either hand or machine washed without fear of fading. It’s reasonably quick to dry on a washing line and retains its original comfort after washing. Every scarf sold on Amazon comes with a one year warranty.
- Size: The Explore Land Shemagh scarf measures a generous 109cm x 104cm (43 x 41 inches). So you can wrap it in the way you like it without worrying about running out of material. The scarf can be easily folded into a bandana for men and or a hijab for women.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
The Explore Land Shemagh scarf comes in a wide range of colours so whether you are travelling, hiking, climbing, hunting, motor cycling or camping you’re sure to find something that suits your preference. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of both convenience and the best prices.