If your travel will include hiking and camping or you are planning an adventure into the wilderness, a camp stove is an invaluable addition to your kit. It’ll allow you to conveniently boil water and cook nutritious hot meals. They are very safe to use, even if there is a fire ban and the best stoves don’t require an open flame for ignition.
From all the camping stoves available, the Etekcity portable stove with Piezo ignition is undoubtedly the most popular and comes with a very high rating. Aside from the great price, there are a number of good reasons why it’s a best seller:
- Design: The collapsible Etekcity design is very clever and makes the stove one of the most compact backpacking stoves. If you are trying to save on weight and space this is the way to go because it only weighs 93 grams (3.3 ounces) and is the size of a double pack of cards.
- Durability: The Etekcity portable stove is a quality product. It is made of aluminum alloy and stainless steel which can stand high temperature and weight. For your peace of mind, it comes with a one year warranty.
- Self-Ignition: What’s in a name? The words Piezo ignition describes the fact that you do not need matches or lighters. This not only eliminates the need to carry additional items, it also makes the stove easier to start the gas burner in windy conditions and at high altitudes.
- Compatibility: The stove is compatible with any 7/16 thread single butane/butane-propane mixed fuel canisters. This is a standard size thread that you’ll easily find in any outdoor equipment retailer and canisters generally come in a couple of different sizes, depending on your requirements.
- Portability: The stove will easily fit into your pocket and also comes in a hard plastic box for better protection. This means that it can be packed anywhere without any worry of it getting wet or damaged. The box is orange colour which means it won’t easily get lost.
- Size: Despite its compact size when folded away, the stove packs a punch when it is in use. The four foldable anti-slip arms provide a well-balanced support for pots or pans up to 18 centimetres (7 inches) in diameter. This will comfortably accommodate the standard size backpacking cooking pot.
- Efficiency: In still conditions, the Etekcity stove will boil half a litre of water two and half minutes and a full litre in three and half minutes. These are quick times compared to other units and it also has a flame control to quickly reduce the flame to a simmer while also keeping it consistent and strong.
Overall, it’s very difficult to fault the Etekcity portable camping stove. It has a great design that is lightweight and folds down to a very compact size. It has a quality valve connection so be careful not to engage the self-ignition when screwing on the gas canister. Another great thing about this stove is that it burns clean with no debris or soot left behind. So you have a quality product that has no impact on the environment all at an incredibly low price. What more could you want?
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
The Etekcity portable stove is manufactured in aluminum alloy and stainless steel. It comes in an orange plastic carry case for easy portability. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of both convenience and the best prices.