Columbia Steens Fleece Jacket
No matter where you are travelling in the world, don’t ever think you won’t need something warm to wear. Even in tropical regions, you’ll often find air conditioning that’s too cold and if you get sick it could easily be the first thing you’ll need. Being relatively lightweight, very comfortable, durable and easy to wash, a fleece is the ideal option.
What Type of Fleece?
There are numerous options available when it comes to buying a fleece. Firstly, you need to consider the climate of your destination and which weight will be most appropriate. Fleece weights and relative warmth are measured in grams per square metre and are categorised loosely as 100 g (lightweight); 200 g (midweight); and 300 g (heavyweight). You then have the option of whether the front zip is only for the upper chest or extends down the entire length of the fleece. Other considerations after this include the location of pockets and of course colour range.
When you travel, the best choice for a fleece is one that offers versatility. You need something that will be durable and comfortable in a range of different temperatures while also looking stylish. The Columbia Steens Mountain Fleece Jacket meets these requirements and is a best seller on Amazon. Although this review is for the men’s fleece, Columbia also offer the Benton Springs Fleece Jacket for women. Let’s have a look at what makes these products so popular and highly rated:
- Style: This fleece jacket has a stand up collar and zips right up to your chin so there’s no need for a scarf. There’s a nice choice of colours with some two-tone selections in the range. It is well made with solid stitching and logo is embroidered instead of screened on which is always classy.
- Comfort: The fleece has an easy, regular fit which is true to normal sizing. The sleeves have good length and overall fit is relaxed. It is made from a 100% polyester fabric that feels soft and comfortable against the skin. The Benton Springs Fleece Jacket for women is apparently even softer than this one.
- Warmth: The Columbia Steens Mountain Fleece Jacket is regarded as a mid-weight fleece so is ideal for travel. It’ll offer you sufficient warmth for most activities in most climates while not being too bulky. While they always feel cosy, they should be combined with a wind breaker if you are out in a cold wind or more extreme conditions.
- Pockets: Two generous pockets hold essentials securely and warm your hands effectively. The pockets are zipped and Columbia uses high quality YKK zippers with accessory cords throughout this fleece. Also, the bottom of the pockets are sewn into the hem, making them into handy drop-in internal pockets.
- Sleeves: One of the features that people love about the Columbia Steens Mountain Fleece Jacket is the elastic cuffs which cap the sleeves and comfortably seal out the chilly air. Also, the cuffs actually stay pushed up when you want them to and otherwise stay at on wrist. It may seem like a simple thing but it often seems beyond other manufacturers.
- Easy Care: When travelling, you need clothing that will wash easily and dry quickly. The Columbia Steens Mountain Fleece won’t let you down here because it can be machine washed with cold water and dried into a dryer on a low heat setting. Just remember that fleece can shrink when exposed to heat so air drying is the way to go.
Plush fleece, simple design, and classic styling make the Columbia Steens Mountain Fleece the ideal travel companion at a reasonable price. Its comfort, warmth and durability have been appreciated by travellers, hikers and campers alike. So whether you are on the trail, around the campsite or sightseeing in a shoulder season, this is a great option to not only feel warm but look great doing it!
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
The Columbia Steens Mountain Fleece Jacket is manufactured in an attractive colour range with some two tone options to choose from. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of genuine quality, convenience and the best price.
Mountain Fleece Jacket
orders over $49.