One of the decisions you need to make as a traveller is whether or not to carry a sleeping bag on your trip. It’s a well-debated subject and the answer depends on factors such as the destination climate and planned activities. While many people like the idea, a great alternative to carrying a sleeping bag is a bag liner. In fact, in warm climates this is probably all you need anyway.
The Wonder of Silk
Cheaper sleeping bag liners are made from materials such as polyester. While these can have a pleasant texture, there is no substitute for the benefits of a Cocoon Silk Mummy Liner:
- Comfort – Not only does silk feel soft against your skin, it responds well to changing temperatures. It is breathable so feels cool in summer but also insulates to feel warm in winter.
- Easy Care – The silk fabric is easy to wash by hand or machine and dries quickly, making it ideal for travel.
- Durable – Cocoon liners are woven with a grid-like structure of strong silk threads. This Ripstop Silk is more durable and resistant to tearing than regular silk.
- Compact – A silk sleeping bag liner will roll up into a very small size. The Cocoon Silk Mummy Liner is no exception and one of the best options if you are tight on backpack space.
- Lightweight – Aside from saving space, silk is a very lightweight material. This liner weighs in at only about 5 ounces (150 grams).
Compared to other sleeping bag liners, silk is a more expensive option. As an example, The Friendly Swede Travel and Camping Sheet is a popular liner. It is a generous size and sells for less than $20. Being made from polyester though, it is relatively heavy and bulky and not as comfortable during the summer months. It will keep sleeping bags clean and can be a good option for camping but isn’t ideal for overseas travel.
To decide on the best sleeping bag liner for your particular needs, you need to consider the price, size, breathability and warmth it provides. Knowing the climate, your available backpack space and planned activities will help you plan accordingly. Consider also how much use it will receive because durability can also be important.
The Cocoon Silk Mummy Liner is great for a range of different climates. It can function as a standalone sleeping bag in summer or as an effective liner in winter. Being lightweight, compact and very comfortable are the other main reasons why it is a top rated choice among travellers, hikers and campers alike.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
The Cocoon Silk Mummy Liner comes in a choice of colours and patterns. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of both convenience and the best prices.