The modern traveller has electronic devices that need to be kept charged and the nature of the game is such that doing so is not always convenient. The solution has come in the form of portable external power banks which enable quick and easy charging for phones and tablets. Despite their small size, they are safe to use and can often charge faster than a computer USB port.
The Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Charger has become the bestselling portable power bank on Amazon and here we are going to examine the reasons why:
- Size: The Anker Astro E1 is quite literally pocket sized. Being the size of a candy bar, its dimensions are 9.6 x 4.3 x 2.3cm (3.8 x 1.7 x 0.9 inches) and weighs just 120 grams (4.2 ounces). When not in use, it’ll slip comfortably into your pocket and you’ll barely notice it’s there.
- Design: There are four LED lights on top of the unit to give an indication of the current charge. On the end of the charger are the standard and micro USB slots. The device is fitted with multiple safety features ranging from short circuit protection, output current stabiliser auto shut-off sleep mode and output voltage surge protection.
- Look and Feel: Aside from its performance, it’s also visually pleasing. It is encased in a glossy black case with smooth, rounded corners. The case has been drop tested to ensure that it is sturdy and strong. It comes with a nice carry pouch that keeps it protected from scratching and is manufactured in four different colours so you can individualise your purchase.
- Performance: Everything else aside, the Anker Astro E1 really shines through its fast charging speeds. It uses the exclusive PowerIQ technology which enables detection of the device it’s attached to and optimising the power output accordingly. The result is charging up to four times faster than a standard computer USB port.
- Capacity: A common question with power banks is how many times they will charge various devices. The following test results are approximate charge rates taking into account average battery condition, environmental factors and natural power degradation.
How many times will the Anker Astro E1 5200mAh charge my device?
|iPhone 5s||2.2 times|
|iPhone 6s||1.9 times|
|iPhone 7||1.7 times|
|Samsung Galaxy S6||1.2 times|
|Samsung Galaxy S7||1.2 times|
|Samsung Galaxy Note7||1 time|
|iPad Mini||0.6 times|
|iPad Air 2||0.5 times|
|iPad Pro 9.7||0.5 times|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7||0.6 times|
Using a 1A adapter, the charge time for the Anker Astro E1 from empty is approximately 5 hours.
The Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Charger has great power efficiency, charges quickly, is strong and inexpensive. On a size to charging capacity size ratio, there is probably no better portable power bank. And it all comes with an 18-month warranty from a company renowned for its friendly customer service. What more do you need?
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
The Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Charger is manufactured in black, blue, red and white. It includes the travel pouch Micro USB cable and welcome guide. Buying online through Amazon is an assurance of both convenience and the best prices.